Economic Mirror No. 1/2021: Economic consequences of containment measures during the second wave of the epidemic are smaller than in the spring but considerably more concentrated on service activities
With stringent containment measures, turnover in trade and some service activities, particularly those related to private consumption, dropped significantly in Slovenia at the beginning of the last quarter of 2020. The epidemic and the measures to contain its spread have, due to...
Winter Forecast 2020: Because of a strong rebound in the third quarter, this year’s decline in GDP is similar to the Autumn forecast; the deterioration in epidemiological conditions is shifting the recovery into the second quarter of 2021
In the Winter Forecast IMAD projects a 6.6% decline in GDP for this year. After a deep fall in the second quarter, the...
Current economic trends from 12 to 15 January 2021: registered unemployment, electricity consumption, electricity consumption by consumption group, traffic of electronically tolled vehicles and other charts
The containment measures implemented during the second wave of the epidemic have a negative impact particularly on...
Current economic trends from 6 to 11 January 2021: registered unemployment, traffic of electronically tolled vehicles, electricity consumption, exports and imports of goods and production volume in manufacturing
The renewed spread of the epidemic and the adoption of containment measures in Slovenia and its main trading partners...
The Institute of Macroeconomic Analysis and Development of the Republic of Slovenia is an independent government office.
The Institute performs the following tasks:
- it monitors and analyses current trends and development in its economic, social and environmental dimensions;
- it monitors and analyses the achieving of the development objectives of the country;
- it prepares macroeconomic forecasts and other expert groundwork that serve as the basis for budgetary planning and formulating economic policy measures;
- it analyses productivity and competitiveness as the national productivity board;
- it carries out research work.