Current economic trends from 18 to 22 May 2020: labour market, wages, traffic of electronically tolled vehicles, electricity consumption and Slovenian industrial producer prices
After the adoption of measures to contain the COVID-19 epidemic, economic activity started to decline markedly and labour market conditions deteriorated. The average wage in the private sector fell, mainly as a significant portion of workers were posted to temporarily wait for...
COVID-19 scenario: A strong economic downturn this year; the depth of the GDP decline and the dynamics of the recovery once the crisis is over are crucially dependent on the extent and duration of the coronavirus spread and economic policy measures
The spread of the coronavirus epidemic and the emergency health protection measures are strongly affecting economic...
Current economic trends from 11 to 15 May 2020: production volume in manufacturing, construction, registered unemployment, traffic of electronically tolled vehicles and others
The coronavirus epidemic and measures to contain its spread in Slovenia and EU countries significantly affected the...
Economic Mirror: In March, activity in the Slovenian economy declined significantly under the impact of the coronavirus epidemic and the number of unemployed persons started to rise at a rapid pace
In March, the consequences of the coronavirus epidemic and the measures taken to contain its spread already had a...
The Institute of Macroeconomic Analysis and Development of the Republic of Slovenia is an independent government office.
The Institute performs the following tasks:
- it monitors and analyses current trends and development in its economic, social and environmental dimensions;
- it monitors and analyses the achieving of the development objectives of the country;
- it prepares macroeconomic forecasts and other expert groundwork that serve as the basis for budgetary planning and formulating economic policy measures;
- it analyses productivity and competitiveness as the national productivity board;
- it carries out research work.